Monday, April 7, 2008

Prophets, Pulpits, and Ssiks.


Life is an interesting thing isn't it? It never ceases to amaze me how things turn out. Life is so full of twists and turns I'm surprised I don't get motion sickness.
Remember when you were a kid and you used to make Kook-Aid? You'd pour in the water, then the sugar and flavor packet. They would of course fall straight to the bottom, and you would gain satisfaction by sticking in the spoon and mix up the powder, and the clear liquid would to turn to a vibrant red. I think all of our lives are like that Kool-Aid. We each have the possibilities of adding new things in our life, then the greater test of courage whether to mix it up or not. If we don't, we get a bland tasting liquid but if we do "mix it up" we walk away with cool Kool-Aid Mustaches!
Work is going good. Getting into the swing of being a manager is going well. The people I work with are great and are awesome.

Dating life in a word -- Endearing. :)

O thank heaven for General Conference! This Conference marks the 2nd time in my life where I have stayed awake for all 5 sessions! The 1st being on my mission. I prayed earnestly to gain a testimony of our Prophet Thomas S. Monson. I dressed in my Sunday clothes for the Solemn Assembly, and during the course of the conference I felt peace in my heart for this man. Hearing him speak during Priesthood session confirmed what Elder Jeffery R. Holland said that I witnessed the prophetic mantle settle on his shoulders. How grateful I am to live in a time where I can utter in my prayer these word, "Dear Lord, I thank Thee for my Prophet." I hope I may be faithful to his inspired counsel.

0 comments: