Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cotton Cookies

Oy! What a week. Busy!!!
Monday,..... can't remember.
Tuesday, Brian, Anthony and I entered a Rock Band Competition for our school. We had a 2 song set - "Say it ain't so" and "Paranoid." We entered under the band name of "Courtesy Flush", a name that would eventually win us "The Best Band Name" award. Gift certificates to Chili's. The crowd went nuts (real and virtual). :)
Wednesday, Studied and worked. I went to do homework with Sarah, and she uh gave me some cookies. How nice right? WRONG. I took a bit only to find she baked a cotton ball into the cookie. My reaction caused a giggle to issue forth from across the room. REVENGE! I also found out my best friend from high school, Spencer is going to be a daddy! I suggested the name of Lorin, but he just laughed. Everyone does. Think about it, good for a boy OR a girl. Win win.
Thursday, "THE OFFICE" CAME BACK ON BABY!!! My Office Fan club came back with a bang. We had 30+ people come and watch like old times. Good times.
Friday, Went to a bonfire with some friends. I haven't been to one in a while. Also worked on making signs for the service fair on Saturday. I was surprised to find a talent in sign making. I attribute such a skill to my Mom who was Stake Relief Society President. Maybe it's genetic???
Saturday, worked in the morning, played football with friends, and in the evening had a date with Sarah. She was kind enough to make me dinner. Stuffed Cordon bleu. It was very tasty. Afterwards we watched "Bambi" since I have never seen it. About an hour in I heard the heavy breathing issuing forth from my date. I guess all that hard work in the kitchen tired her out. It was a fun evening. Simple. Relaxing. Delicious.
Sunday, I went and did the Sacrament at Emerald Point Retirement Home. I was also given the blessing to bear my testimony. How humbled I felt to be in the presence of Latter-Day Saints who have lived the Gospel to the twighlight of their lives. In the evening Del Parson came and spoke at the fireside. I am amazed at the humility of this man. If it were anyone else, I'm sure they would have fell to pride. He's painted the most widely recognized paintings in the church. Later I watched Saturday's Warrior with some friends.
So great week.

0 comments: