Thursday, May 15, 2008

Idols, Fouls, & Werewolves


Good day.
<-----Do I not have the cutest Niece and Nephew? This is from Avery's first Birthday party.
So here am I in Cedar City, kind of bored. This past weekend was great though. I went home to Tooele for Mother's Day. It a 3 1/2 hour drive each way so my butt was considerably sore. It amazes me how a butt could get sore. I mean isn't that what it's designed for? Thats like saying your teeth got sore from chewing.
Home was great. How I LOVE my family. It was loud in the house, mostly on the behalf of my brother Darin, but it was great. We popped popcorn in a big brown bag like we used to, and we just sat around and chatted. Sunday I went to the old family ward, then swung by the singles ward to visit some friends. I miss that ward. Any notion of what you think a singles ward is, come true as you attend. But if fun in a dorky way. But I figured I surrendered my coolness a long time ago, so might as well laugh.
Came home and took a nap with Mom. Oh! I forgot my little Brother Elder Matt Bruns called Sunday morning. It was good to hear his voice. I loaded him with advice like always. That's the thing anytime anyone is going on a mission I just load them up with advice and stories. I figure if I was a Grandpa my mission would be like the civil war stories I would tell.
Dinner at home was great. I got my Mom an iPod Shuffle and she loved it. Welcome to the 21st century Mom!
This week has been ok. It's really weird not having everyone around. The NBA Playoffs have been on and usually I don't care for Basketball, but I think my exposure to it has been changing me. It is actually interesting now. Although I had to ask a guy what a field goal was. :p
I've also got into American Idol. I'm a fan of David Archuleta and he made it into the Finale. Go Utah! If only the Jazz could get into the finals....
I've also been reading "New Moon" in the Twilight series. It's not bad, not as good as the first, but it's picking up.



So "The Office" Season Finale is tonight and if there is a pattern it shant be one to disappoint.

0 comments: