Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Moonwalk of the Nerd

Well, I'm glad last week is over. I did some major studying for a midterm that I probably didn't need to study for so much.
I found out one of my best friend's father had past away, and it's made me take a longer look at my life. I was kind of down for the entire week. Would I really be ready to die? How many people can say they are ready to die? I took the opportunity to call my parents to tell them I love them and what a good job they did raising me. You never know when your conversations will be last with people. Good ol' Ma & Pops, how I love them.
This weekend we had Stake Conference, and Elder Spencer V. Jones of the 2nd Quorum of the Seventy came. I love listening to the General Authorities. My mission president ending advice to me was, "Follow the Brethren." The way they look and act. He remarked that you'll never see a General Authority put their scriptures on the ground. They have too much respect for them.
The main thing I took away from conference was that "Love, is the quality of a Man of Christ." I felt I need to treat people better. Look more to uplift than, "dream of my mansion above." Humility. Humility. Humility. My Holy Grail.
The Institute also asked me to be in the "King Tute" Pageant. It's sort of like Mr. Institute. I was surprised that they asked me to do it. I'm a little nervous. I'm not used to people judging me for entertainment. It took sometime, but I found out my talent. I plan on video taping it, so it'll be on this blog later. But to let you know it involves Dancing. I've never been much of a dancer, but as weird as it sounds the talent came after my mission. One of the mission blessings I suppose. So I've been spending long hours dancing to Michael Jackson. Nerdy I know, but fun and it's exercise.
So life is tasty.

0 comments: